End of an Era


Hey all. As many of you know, I have raced the last four years in the NorCal High School Mountain bike league. Freshman year I raced Freshman D2, Sophomore as D2 JV, Junior as Varsity, and finally Senior as Varsity. I have started and finished every single NorCal event the last four years, 22 races I believe. I have been on each and every step on the podium, and never DFL. Not to brag, but there are few who can say this, and I am very proud. NorCal has been my focus for the last 4 years, and it is tough to see it go. I have made so many friends, learned so much about racing my bike, and devoted so many hours to NorCal. Hours training, hours in the car traveling to races, hours thinking about it.

 A few weeks back was State Champs, my last high school race. It was brutal, and I finished mid pack. It was epic to finish this final race. The course was brutal, the field was brutal (even though the top 3 guys were off at World Cup in Germany), and getting sick midway through the race was brutal. But that’s racing. I held on and pushed through the finish. And it was over.

 It is very tough for me to see NorCal go out of my life, but I am also excited for some road and hopefully some enduro racing this summer, and get up to Northstar and send it on the big bike. Today is my last day of high school. Tomorrow is my graduation ceremony. In September I move to San Diego to start studying at the University of California San Diego. Don’t worry, I plan on racing collegiately. Major changes are happening in my life, and I couldn't be more excited. It is with a heavy heart I say goodbye to NorCal, but I can’t wait to keep racing, and see what collegiate racing is all about.











Huge thank you to my family, girlfriend, friends, coaches, mentors, teammates, and of course my wonderful sponsors at Grammo for all their support and making these past 4 years of racing happen. 






Excited about life, I’ll keep you posted.

Photo cred: Julie Barton, Vince Tarry (Cycling Development), and Capturaphoto.com