Back to training . . .

Wow! Since my injury I have been slowly getting back into the swing of things. However I only have two last chances to qualify for Maui. With time running out, my training needed to be picked up and it was. For the first time in I don't remember how long I swam 4 times this past week. Surprisingly each time felt a little better than the previous. And, on a side note, I found a pool where I am living that doesn't keep the water temperature at 86 and is only open for lap swim. I can't believe it took me over a year to discover!



A few more weeks and I am headed to Whistler for the Canadian Championship race. I am a little disappointed I can't find someone to join me but I am super excited to see the course as I think it will play to my strengths. Also I've never been to Whistler before so I am super stoked to just check it out. The race is at Alta Lake just outside of Whistler and I found a great deal for rooming just outside of Squamish (thank you Craigslist). The trip is coming together nicely. I look forward to bringing the Toa up there and killing some fun single track.




Here are just a few things said about this course . . .  Conrad Stoltz "For sure the hairiest, most scary, most technical XTERRA course I’ve seen.  I walked some of the most hectic sections to check them out, then get on the bike, motivate and attack. Felt the rush of adrenaline, realized I forgot to breathe. What a rush. The riding here is in a class of its own."  Marcus Barton "I love, love, love, the outstanding, awesome, excellent, bombtastic, sweet, superb, wonderful, fabulous, magnificent, beautiful, and technical trails at Whistler!" Man if that doesn't get you excited! Here are a few pictures from the course itself thanks to Marcus Barton.







I CAN'T WAIT !!!