The Tracer

Hey all! So it’s officially been a week since I built up my new Grammo C3 Pro Edition! It weighs 17.7 pounds with bottle cage and pedals on. It is fitted with the Grammo 580 handmade wheel set, and Grammo stem, bars, and seat post. It also has the awesome, super light, self-centering Grammo Viper brakes. I fitted it with the Sram Force groupo. I have a cool Ragley saddle that matches the bike, and my favorite orange Lizard skins bar tape, with matching orange Jagwire cable housings. It has officially been nicknamed “the Tracer” (after the bullet, not the car!).
You know you love your new bike when you find yourself holding a track stand at stoplights, and then drag racing the cars on green, WINNING for quite a ways. I am having a blast on this bike, it sprints awesome, and it rocks the climbs! I got to race my first time trial on Tuesday, and the bike and I performed very well posting a 24 and a half minute time on a 10 mile course, which is a 24 mile an hour average sped. Being new to time trials, I automatically drafted a guy who passed me for a little while. Ooops!! Good thing it was just a local time trial for fun! I am looking forward to finding a road race or a crit in a couple of weeks, and getting some good rides in on “the Tracer” this week. Next weekend I am going to be racing the Ashland Super D, and then it’s off to the NICA training camp. I’ll keep you posted!!